Search This Blog

Monday, August 02, 2010


ADDING TO THE CONFUSION..

The report published the other day about the amount of choice we have leading to confusion and depression has got me wondering about a couple of things. For example, one of the things highlighted on the http://www.confusednation.co.uk/ website dealing with this research, suggests that, `Interestingly, confusion actually decreases with age as people have more experience and confidence.` Now I`m sure that`s true in most cases, but as someone now in his `70s, I find that confusion decreases out of a combination of indolence and indifference as much as experience and confidence. In short, I am now experienced and confident enough to be indifferent about quite a lot of things.
Either that or I might be more than just a tad nervous of today`s technology and the bewildering complexity of it all. Maybe the real answer for my generation is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as I am about to discover when I attempt to upgrade my mobile phone from the present only-a-phone one, to one which has more gadgets....and thus more confusing. I really should learn that the only way to avoid confusion and depression is to keep things simples.
But it`s good research and a good website to check out.

No comments: