Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2020


I`ll begin with a note of apology for being away from these pages for a couple of weeks.  Sufficient to say, I think, that I have been occupied with a host of other `issues` which have kept me out of mischief and which cannot be named for legal reasons.  However, I have been genuinely touched by a number of approaches I have received from good friends and aficionados of this blog enquiring about my wellbeing as they have apparently missed reading my ranting on here.

Those enquiries have reminded me just how important it is to keep in touch with people and so, this being Lent, I have decided to give up not being in touch with people.  You have been warned.

Anyway, life goes on and it seems to me that the longer it goes on the more there is to be concerned with - corona virus, flooding, and whether Nathan Redmond will recover from his injury in time to line up against West Ham on Saturday are just some of the issues to contend with.   It`s interesting to observe the growing paranoia surrounding the corona virus outbreak with schools being closed, sporting events in doubt and no doubt we will soon have to contend with panic buying in the shops as supplies of face masks run low, never mind food, drink and household essentials.

How will we manage?  What`s to become of us?  Will the viruses finally take over the planet and make a better job of it than we have?  I suppose the thing that troubles me most about all this, is the effect it might have on the upcoming cricket season.  After months of cold, dark, wet, dismal winter and just as we are a mere four weeks away from putting the clocks on an hour and a matter of a few weeks more until the season begins, we get hit with these threats to our way of life.  

I can live without the six nations being concluded, without the odd grand prix droning its way round and round and even without the Olympics but I will find life without the beautiful game of summer perhaps a precaution too far.   I`m surprised Greta hasn`t had a rant about it.





2 comments:

Slightly said...

Slightly can confirm the technology works

Snopper said...

Thanks, neighbour - it was `awaiting moderation` and has now been published.