Search This Blog

Monday, August 02, 2010

IT`S OFFICIAL - POSSIBLY..
Technology and `society` are becoming so complex that we are being crippled by excessive choice, according to `experts` who have warned that , as a result, we are turning into a nation of `indeciders,` unable to make even the simplest decision and prone to depression.
The growing ranks of `indeciders` are defined by a professor from Bristol University as `a group of individuals suffering high levels of confusion whilst displaying an inability to be decisive, leading in some cases to depression.` Professor Harriet Bradley went on : "With a constant stream of new media, daily technological advancements and aggressive multimedia advertising, it`s no wonder over half of Britain thinks life is more confusing."
According to a survey, 42% lie awake at night worrying about what choice to make (I`m not among them) whilst 65% are particularly confused over the policies of major political parties (I am among them) and Bankers` bonuses caused most bewilderment with 69% admitting they couldn`t understand them (and that was just the Bankers.)
Well, I could have told Professor Bradley all that because, these days, I do find the choices on offer over even the simplest things to be baffling. Now I know I am among the ranks of the terminally bewildered but I went through agonies over deciding which computer to buy and am still going through them as I try to decide on a camera. It`s not that I`m indecisive - I just can`t make my mind up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you like the study Snooper!

We've also created the Confused Nation site which talks about more of the findings from the study and built a tool that looks at how confused the UK is based on their tweets: http://www.confusednation.co.uk

We hope you like it.

Steve