Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A WELCOME SUNSET
So, Gordon Brown has finally named the day for the General Election we should have had a couple of years ago. Already the three main parties have started the campaign and there will be wall to wall coverage on television, radio, the press and all the other forms of media between now and May 6th. I quite expect canvassers to be knocking on my door asking , in complete ignorance of the notion of a secret ballot, who I will be voting for. I always tell each of them that, of course, they can rely on my vote, which sends them away quickly and happily.
I`m really quite dreading the next four weeks so I`ll be on the lookout for some election-free zones in the media. MTV could do well, along with Magic, O Music, Bliss and other channels that bring music to sooth my savage breast until this farce is over and another load of self-serving, arrogant poseurs come along and presume to govern what`s left of our country.
And yet, for all of that, whilst I may look with disdain at the antics I expect to witness in the next four weeks, it will be as nothing compared with the relief I feel that this rotten parliament is finally over. Such has politics become so discredited and such have we been failed by a bunch of politicians who, as ever, promised much but delivered little apart from illegal wars, financial ruin, surrender to Europe and social chaos. Never has the sun setting over the `mother of parliaments` been so welcome. Goodbye and good riddance. Next, please.

No comments: