Search This Blog

Sunday, April 06, 2008


THEY`VE ALL GOT IT INFAMY
Hard on the heels of my well-argued and self-convincing STRATEGIC ASSESSMENT concerning my season ticket at St. Mary`s, I witnessed yesterday perhaps the finest performance Saints have put on all season. Bristol City were the visitors - league leaders - and must have thought another three easy points were on offer as they faced a Saints team adrift in the relegation zone and having gleaned just 9 points from the last 39 available.
What happens? Saints play out of their skins, win 2-0 and should have had at least five, as City were swept aside by a passionate onslaught of 90 minutes unrelenting commitment.
The `March Madness` season ticket renewal period ended a few days ago. Had I renewed, I would have secured my seat at the knockdown price of £290. However, my STRATEGIC ASSESSMENT convinced me to change my policy, not renew and just go to the odd game next season when I felt like it.
I`m convinced Saints hierarchy were aware of this policy shift and so, just to teach me another lesson, manager Nige got the lads up for it and showed me what I might be missing by staying away. The `incredible truth` has come out - if they had performed like that for the rest of the 41 games this season, Saints would have been promoted by now.....and fanciful notions of visits to Cheltenham, Yeovil and Swindon would not have entered my head.
It is, indeed, a funny old game.

No comments: