Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

YOU CAN TELL ME - I KNOW A DOCTOR

It seems a shame to let my years of experience as a counseller, a confidante, a friend even, go begging when I know that there are so many people out there just crying out for understanding, sympathy and guidance in helping them cope with the stresses of modern day living.

I have recently been able to help a neighbourly friend of mine who has been going through a difficult time lately, juggling the conflicting demands of parenthood, husbandhood and workhood and he has reported back to me that my deep and careful analysis of his problems has turned his life around, so he now has his confidence restored to face the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune.

So if you feel wracked with uncertainty, doubt and indecision and need an understanding shoulder on which to unburden yourself, please do so by means of the `comments` section below. Like my Aussie counterparts, I can promise clear and unequivocal reponses to any comments I receive. Honest.
STOP PRESS : If you don`t believe me, a glowing reference has been received from a satisfied client. Just click on `comments` below to see what I mean.

4 comments:

HSLOL said...

As the neighbour friend in question, I can certainly vouch for Snopper's handling of my temporary crisis. Snopper weighed-up the conflicting pressures in my life, and, no doubt, after much thought and consideration, he delivered his verdict, I mean advice, with great clarity and compassion. If you, like me, believe the world to be pushing against you, you can do much worse than turn to Aunty Snopper. Be brave fellow mortals!

Snopper said...

Thanks, HSLOL, for your unsolicited critique of my interactive personal skills. As for me, I think I need to see someone about the depression I`m suffering having been out-carred by the gleaming example on next door`s drive. I`m feeling inadequate, suffering from loss of confidence and quite ashamed that Nigel Quashie simly can`t compete with the diamond standard new arrival. What do you advise, please?

HSLOL said...

What you're experiencing is a quite common emotion, and while not wishing to go into the deep sociological reasons for it, I can offer you the following options which have proven to be effective remedies to others in a similar position:
a) move
b) get them to move
c) take a knive to the damned thing
or
d) pull yourself together you yellow bellied ......... Hold on, this option has intellectual property rights assigned to, erm, now let me think .............

Snopper said...

Thanks, Slightly. You`re all heart. Can`t be bothered to move; don`t want them to move; can`t do c) as it`s in the garage at night....guess I`ll have to accept d)

But I am feeling slightly less depressed having learned that the new car doesn`t have a rear facing camera. ;-) (winky thingy)