Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012


A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART..


Regular visitors to these pages will know that I`m basically a simple soul with simple tastes enjoying the simple things in life.   And one of the most enjoyable things for me is indeed very simple.   It`s just to stand on a Cornish beach looking out to the ocean and the majestic sky, hearing the sound of the waves breaking and with the wind in my face.   I always feel two emotions - one is of peace and tranquility, away from the madness of the world we live in; but at the same time feeling truly alive and part of the elements of nature.   It`s why I`m always reluctant to turn my back on it all and leave.

Now just recently and purely by chance, I came across someone who I suspect feels just the same.   I don`t know him, don`t know who he is, what he does or where he lives but what I do know is that he produces the most inspiring and uplifting short films of those Cornish beaches I love so much.   Nearly every day he goes to a beach, takes a short video, briefly interviews someone on the beach and posts them on a wonderful website.

He must travel miles around Cornwall doing this and he must be up with the lark most days to capture the dawn coming up on beaches he visits.   What has helped keep me going over the long winter has been his visits to many of my favourite beaches - Pendower, Crantock, Talland Bay, Sennen Cove, Loe Beach, Polzeath, Hemmick, Daymer Bay, Porthcurnick and today the quite perfect location of Portloe:-


He is indeed a man after my own heart and if you too are in love with the beaches of Cornwall and, like me, need a regular fix, then have a good look at http://manonabeach.com I hope he doesn`t mind me nicking his masthead, shown above, or giving his website a little nudge.   Like the beaches he visits, manonabeach and his website is there to enjoy.


(I had a bit of bother with the link to manonabeach, but if you just Google manonabeach, you`ll find it easily enough.)

2 comments:

Roy said...

Just read this today after standing on a beach last evening, feeling peace and tranquillity and at one with nature. I moved to Lake Garda Italy 4 years ago and my life there is so amazing but one day I will be back in this beautiful country of England and Cornwall will be where I live out my days.

Snopper said...

Many thanks, Roy. Not just me then.

I have a feeling I might well live out my own days enjoying the bliss of nature and the grandeur of the Cornish coast.

(I`ll look out for you...)