Search This Blog

Sunday, April 06, 2008




SOMEONE ISN`T HAPPY......
Unseasonal snow hit deepest Kent early this morning. For a while, blizzard conditions prevailed as Henry and I trudged our way through the orchards. The apple trees have just come into leaf and the blossom is already out on the pear trees, so I guess there will be some grumpy farmers around if this weather continues.
My gnomes are feeling the brunt of the cold snap. I should have taken them into the greenhouse but I forgot. We have three gnomes, which I bought from Homebase when they were on offer a few years ago. The deal was, `buy two get a third one free,` so I did. The snag is that I have not yet dared reveal to them which of the three was the free one. They`re not happy about the snow as it is, so I shy away from adding to their discomfort by disclosing this uncomfortable truth. Yes, I know. But I like gnomes. OK?

No comments: