Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007



THAT`S BETTER!!.....
The early winter blues have faded away on a day of peerless sunshine. The early morning mist has gone, leaving us to bask in temperatures in the `60s fahrenheit (I`m still using old money, I`m afraid.)
Took Henry for a ramble through the Kentish orchards this morning with the mist slowly rising and a deer being seen browsing the orchards. Managed to scrump a few golden delicious apples, which are very sweet and taste even better as a result of a little light stealing. I think the golden delicious are used to help pollinate the bramleys. I read somewhere that it takes quite a number of `strains` of apple trees to successfully produce bramleys, which I think then go off to Mr. Kipling`s Pie Factory, where they make those exceedingly good apple pies.
It may be mid-October, but if the weather stays like this, maybe the winter won`t seem so long. As I`ve said before, if this is a little global warming then it suits me fine. Have a nice day.

No comments: