Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2021

 


Well, here`s one.   As of today we are closer to the longest day of the year than the day on which I had my last haircut.   Can`t believe how cold the weather still is and although the evenings are much lighter now, the winter chills just won`t go away, which is why, for a change, I am looking forward to June and the longest day when the corn is as high as an elephant`s eye and I can sit in the garden and listen to the Test Match under the shade of the old oak tree.

As for haircuts, I notice that some people hereabouts seem either to have chopped some off themselves or they have had access to a lockdown defying barber.  As for me, the last time I enjoyed the delicate fingers of my stylist, Chris of Larkfield, ruffling beguilingly through my folically challenged head was towards the end of last November, so I`m looking forward to my appointment this time next week - it will be almost five months and counting.  I`ve warned her of the challenge that lies ahead.

Chris and I go back a long way, to the time when I had a `full head of hair,` and there was enough for her to use her improvisation and artistry to create a lasting impression but these days, due to the effects of Mr. Covid and his lockdowns, I have more hair than I have had for some time, which in a way is comforting.   However, the day when I join the family tendency towards complete baldness may still not be too far off, but I may still I turn up at Chris`s `Hair Studio` and ask if I can just have a nice stroke.


No comments: