Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2021

 


STOP AND LOOK...

Continuing my Covid-19 avoiding theme, the other evening I watched Julia Bradbury`s walk from Padstow to Trevone.  It made for an entertaining programme but I`m not sure it did the walk justice.  It`s another one we`ve done - some years ago now - but we have done it in two stages;  the first from Padstow to Stepper Point and back again and then the following year when we were staying in Trevone we walked to Stepper Point and back from there.

Either way it`s another great walk and I know that Julia`s programme was short of time to show everything along the way.  After all, she scurries along at a fair old pace, whereas we tended to meander, stop awhile and take in all the grandeur of that part of the north Cornwall coast.

I could show some decent photos I took on those walks but the one I took above was during one of our stops along the way. When taking photos, it`s just so tempting to concentrate on the spectacular Cornish coastline but sometimes if you stop and look down you see a whole new world open up before your eyes.  This was one of those times and I hope my photo did justice to the little Cornish community of wayside wild plants that caught my eye.

Anyway, I liked it.   (Please click on the photo for a much better image.)

No comments: