Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2021

 


CUSTOMER SEVICES ?

I have often wondered whether HM Government has a customer services desk where you can ring up and have a moan about something.  What prompted the question for me was that we seem to be living in some kind of nightmare where there is a lot going on that people are complaining about;  also the fact that news bulletins, especially the BBC ones, seem to concentrate on things that may have gone wrong and give a platform for individuals to voice their complaints about the government`s `performance.`  Taking a leaf from Channel 4`s much missed series, Modern Toss, I imagine a Government Customer Services desk might go something like this:-

"Hello - Customer Services. How may I help you?"

"I`m 23.  I`m told I`ve got to wait to have a jab until all the old people have had theirs.  What are you going to do about it?"

"Customer Services."

"I`ve fled a war torn country, crossed the Channel in a flimsy boat and now I`m stuck in sub standard accommodation .  What are you going to do about it?"

"Hello"

"I thought it was my human right to have everything I want when I want it. Why haven`t I got it yet?  What are you going to do about it?"

......and so on.  You get my drift.   I know life is difficult for many people and we are living in distressing times but I honestly cannot recall a time when so many people are complaining about so much to so many and so often.   As one of the more fortunate octogenarians I`m beginning to detect a trend that seems almost to write off the older generation for having had a life, so they should make way for those who have plenty more to live for.  

Those making this suggestion may have a case but I recall the wisdom of someone who proposed the notion that a `society` should really be judged by the way it treats its older generation.  For example, the Eskimo `culture` demands that their elderly are treated with respect, concern, cared for, revered almost, in acknowledgement of the part the elderly have played in forming and upholding the way of life the younger ones have inherited.   

Anyway, before I get too wound up about these things, here`s an example of the Modern Toss version of `Customer Services.`   Those among you of a delicate disposition may want to look away now:-




In all seriousness, I do wonder whether the Government used Modern Toss as the template for their own Customer Services?  As for me, I`m off to Baffin Island.

No comments: