Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

REMEMBERING THIS WEEK....

......three years ago.  It was April 2017 when, once again, we spent a week on the north Cornwall coast, staying at Trebetherick.   And from there we had some memorable walks along the coast path in what was, like today, glorious Spring weather.

One of my all time favourite stretches of that coast path is the one from the National Trust car park down to Lundy Bay.   My first photo shows the path already bedecked with spring flowers and not a soul in sight.......


Now I might be wrong but I guess that most people are content to keep walking, after all it`s always enticing to find out what`s around the next corner, but I like to pause and look at things, which is why I`m often accused of lagging behind.  But I think on a walk like this and on a day such as that it would have been  a pity not to to stop and take in the beauty that surrounded us.   So I took this next photo of the wonder of Spring, with nature coming to life and simple souls like me just being glad to be alive and being able to appreciate what there is to see if you stop and look.......


And just before you get to Lundy Bay itself, which I might have to come to in a future post, you come across this natural arch - another pause to take it in - and the only pity was that the tide was on the turn and the blowhole wasn`t blowing as much as it can when a gale is whipping up the sea.   Never mind, it`s still worth seeing.......


(As ever with my photos, they look better if you click on them.)

No comments: