Search This Blog

Thursday, July 03, 2014


ENCHANTING..

Once again there are loud protests just down the road at the port of Ramsgate against the live export of animals from the UK to to Europe.   I have no problem with the protests or with the cause as it`s one for which I have a great deal of sympathy.  I cannot understand why it is necessary for animals to be exported live in distressing conditions, simply to meet their maker on the other side of the channel.   There must surely be a better way.

However, if I have a note of criticism about the protesters it is simply that they keep coming up with the same chant.   You know the one:-

"What do we want?"
"Export ban."
"When do we want it?"
"Now!!"

It reminds me of the old days of CND and Aldermaston and all the protests of years ago, so it`s time for a new chant, I think.   Here`s one for them:-

"What do we want?"
"A new chant."
"When do we want it?"
"Now!!" 

No comments: