Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2019


A few days on from posting my recent apology for absence, I woke up the other morning and the bleeding obvious suddenly occurred to me.   So, off to the local chemist who sells a range of `off the peg` spectacles.   I tried on about eight pairs and finally found one that will do for now until I can get some proper prescription ones.

And they work, hence my ability to scribble these few lines.  Whilst I was at it I also bought some sunglasses to help shield my post-operative sensitive peepers from the blazing sunshine we are having at the moment.   So, problem solved.

And in my short absence from these pages a couple of things on the world stage have grabbed my attention.   The first in the mass truancy by countless schoolchildren across the globe who are demonstrating against the inaction of governments to tackle climate change more robustly.  Now I don`t have a problem with their passionate convictions but I do wonder why they can`t avoid denying themselves of their precious education by having their demonstrations during the school holidays or at weekends?

Just asking, that`s all.

Secondly, the weekend got off to a dismal start with Southampton losing 3-1 at home to near neighbours Bournemouth.   I`m beginning to worry about this season for the Saints (nothing unusual, I agree) but although we play some nice football we seem to be lacking goal scoring ability whilst at the same time lacking defensive qualities.  There are clearly problems to be solved at St. Mary`s and, like me, the bleeding obvious is staring manager Ralph Hasenhuttl in the face.  Just hope that when he wakes up one morning he will see it as clearly as I saw mine.

No comments: