Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

NEVER LET HER GO..

Went to the dentist this morning for a regular check up only to discover that my very nice lady dentist, Louise, was leaving the practice today for pastures new.

It was only a couple if years ago that I discovered the fragrant Louise and her angelic approach to dentistry, especially for the more mature gentleman. Over a period of some weeks, she transformed me from a cowering fearful wreck with problem choppers into a smiling relaxed Clooney-esque figure, proud to smile at the world in full expectation that young ladies might well come up to me clutching my thighs and demanding to have my babies as they are transfixed by my gleaming gnashers. Well, that hasn`t quite happened yet, but I`m sure it`s just a matter of time. Possibly.

Anyway, after a long and painful history of dental mistreatment by a succession of dubious practitioners, I finally found Louise, my dentistry angel, only to learn that she is leaving and taking her drill with her. Typical. Just typical. Anyway, as a result of a whispered negotiation this morning in a dark recess away from the glare of her arc light, I was able to find out where she was heading to start again. Not all that far away, so I`ll slip quietly out of the clutches of the present practice and after a decent period of dust settling, visit Louise in her new practice and live happily ever after. The moral is clear. It`s never too late to find an angel and when you do, don`t ever let her go.

No comments: