Search This Blog

Friday, February 06, 2009



SNOWTIME FOR BARNEY
Barney is three months old now and it seems that ever since he has been with us, the temperature has never gone above about 5C. On top of that, we`ve had more snow than we`ve had for almost 20 years. All of which means that Barney`s daily walks are not as enjoyable as they might be. At least for us.
However, Barney loves the snow and doesn`t seem put off by the cold weather. I guess it`s because he`s never known anything different. My picture shows him taking refuge by the bird bath in our garden; almost as if he`s saying to himself, "If I think I`ve got it hard, what must the birdies be thinking?"
No sign of a let-up in the forecast for next week. It sure does seem like a long winter and I can`t wait for Spring to be sprung. I wonder what Barney will make of double digit temperatures and sunshine. My antipodean correspondent tells me that Adelaide recently had seven consecutive days with temperatures over 40C with the highest reaching 45C. Now, as much as I crave an end to this winter of discontent, I`m not sure either Barney or I could cope with that.

No comments: