Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009



NO WONDER I FEEL JADED
Tell me if I`ve got this right. It`s a given that everyone has sympathy towards anyone suffering a premature death from an awful disease. No argument about that, I`m sure. But over the weekend the media have bombarded us about the wedding between a thug sentenced and released early but on licence for assaulting a young lad with a golf club and a young lady whose only claim to fame is that she is famous for making a fortune from being utterly dim, bereft of any appealing feature whatsoever, `writing` two autobiographies, releasing a perfume on an unsuspecting world and cashing in on the `exceptional circumstances` which allowed the wedding to go ahead anyway.
I have no `emotional attachment `to Jade Goody (pictured) but I have developed an emotional perception about her, which is not flattering. Now I realise that that perception is all gained from my own exposure to media coverage, but it has forced me to conclude that, however tragic Jade`s situation might be - and on a human level I do symathise - some of the anguish which has been demonstrated towards her might just have been a little misplaced when compared with the countless thousands who have suffered in dignified silence.

No comments: