Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008


SOMETHING BORROWED
My next door neighbour is a good golfer. He has to be in order to buy clubs like the one shown above. He has treated himself to a couple of these Benross VeloCT ones - a driver and a 3-wood. And he has let me borrow them for my round of golf this afternoon at Hever Castle.
It`s perfectly obvious that he has never seen me play otherwise he might not have been so generous as to allow me to `run them in` for him. You see, my own golf equipment is a bit like me - old, scuffed around the edges, out of date, but still capable of giving golf balls a jolly good thrashing. I did enquire whether his new clubs were insured. He was non-commital but muttered something about an excess. All of which makes me wonder whether I shouldn`t leave them in the bag and revert to my own woods, which really are made of wood. They have helpful messages on like `This Side Up` and `Hold This End,` which seem to be missing in modern day golf equipment. I wonder why.

No comments: