Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2007


THANKS BUT NO, THANKS

Well, Christmas came and went, like they all do and this year`s seemed quieter than usual. Just Mrs, Snopper and me munching our way through stuff we wouldn`t normally munch, but we did have phone calls from each of our three sons, who seem keen on leaving the country.

One already lives in Hamburg, another flew out to Portugal yesterday for a winter break and the third has just returned from yet another arduous tour of Europe and the UK.

So, yesterday we took Henry the Retriever down to Minnis Bay, on the north Kent coast for a yuletide breath of sea air. It was, in truth, a lovely day for Boxing Day and it seemed most of the dog owners of north Kent had the same idea - but it made for a much more preferable outing than going to THE SALES!!

(Minnis Bay - click on photo to enlarge)


I cannot for the life of me see any attraction in queueing up for yonks outside shops so as to join a scrum to spend money on things you don`t really need just because they might be a bit cheaper.

Thanks but no, thanks - give me the sea air any time. Oh, I`ve just heard - I may be in for a trip to the Bluewater Shopping Thingy tomorrow. Looks like I spoke too soon. Arghhh!!!

No comments: