Search This Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007


A VERY ANNOYING PROSPECT

I thought Bill Oddie was annoying, the way he tries to be funny and clever but fails dismally and all the while interrupts the lovely Kate as she explains the intricacies of animal behaviour to a receptive audience. But Oddie is not half as annoying as the annual ritual which is BBC`s Children in Need event.

Now folks, don`t get me wrong. I have nothing at all against charities - and children`s ones in particular - and regular readers of these pages will know that I give freely of my time, resources and energy to a local charity here with which I have been associated for some years.

But the prospect of sitting through hour upon hour of so-called `celebs` doing things they really shouldn`t be doing is truly cringeworthy. As is the constant harranguing from Wogan about parting with cash. If I want to give to worthy causes, I will do so, but I don`t need harebrained, overpaid, overhyped poseurs bawling at me all evening.

So, I think I`ll watch the football instead. England are playing, I think. Oh...hang on a minute, I thought I wanted to get away from harebrained, overpaid, overhyped poseurs.
Maybe I`ll just take the dog for a walk and have an early night. Or maybe, on some yet to be discovered obscure tv channel, they show things like Rant Club or Grumpy World....now that would be worth watching.

No comments: