Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2007




HO HO HO.....SORTED !!

Well, that wasn`t as bad as I thought, the Bluewater experience. Managed to complete the missions set for me and still had time for a bookshop browse. Waterstones were advertising the fact that Michael Winner was due to turn up sometime soon to sign books. Fair enough, but it reminded me that last year they were doing a book signing session with Michael Barrymore.

I could hardly believe that a small queue had assembled before the appointed hour whilst, inside the shop, Barrymore was preparing himself for the onslaught by his gaggle of admirers. I`m sure it must have constituted the saddest queue in the entire annals of book signing sessions.

But I digress, dear reader. Problem always is, what to buy Mrs. Snopper for Christmas...something useful yet thoughtful; something practical yet attractive; something surprising and unexpected. But the answer came to me today as I wandered the aisles of our local Tesco and discovered that they do gift vouchers! Tesco gift vouchers....of course, the perfect solution. They seem to fit all the criteria. They`re attractive in a beguilingly seductive colour, viz:-



It will certainly come as a surprise - an unexpectedly generous gift to mark the season of goodwill; she will see just how much thought will have gone into my choice of gift; but above all it will be the practicality that will shine through. It will mean that, when Mrs. Snopper gets to the checkout, she will have £20 knocked off the grocery bill. As they say:-



Sorted !!


No comments: