Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2021

 


THE SONG HAS ENDED...

Well, please forgive a little more self indulgence but a few posts back I did warn you that I might be boring you with some more snippets from our week back home in the New Forest.  And seeing this photo which I took while we were lost in the depths of Oakley Enclosure brought back memories from just two weeks ago - which already seems a lifetime ago.

I vividly recall how I felt on that morning as we ventured into the unknown - captivated by simply being there, being alive and taking it all in.  The silence was deafening, save for the song of the forest birds going about their business and the slight rustle of the breeze through the towering trees.   I guess I`m understandably feeling a touch nostalgic about it all but I think being able to look back on days like that makes it a little more possible to deal with `the real world,` which all about us seems anything other than how it was on that morning.

So, as my self indulgence gathers momentum, here are a couple of more photos that also provide me with a sense of proportion and a longing to recapture those times and those places that keep me going.  This one shows the sunlight glinting through the forest with not a distracting sight or sound of anything else .......



Whilst out on the open heathland the forest ponies wile away another day......


And at the end of the day the exertions and the new experiences seemed enough for our retriever, Dudley.......

(Please click on photos for better images)

So, self indulgence over for another time.   Back to the real world now with more pressing issues to concern me.   Fulham at St. Mary`s tomorrow, Forest Green at Rodney Parade.

The song may have ended but the melody lingers on.......

No comments: