Search This Blog

Sunday, May 02, 2021


QUIET PLACES...
 

I apologise in advance if I go on a bit about the New Forest but after being home again for a few days, the memories of last week linger on.   I think in my last post I mentioned the thousands of people who visit the Forest these days - so much so that the `hotspots` in the Park are invariably crowded - and so it`s important, for us at least, to find those quiet places which people tend to pass by and ignore.

And we found a few.  But you have to be prepared to walk some way to find them.  We came across the ponies in my picture above deep in one of the Forest`s many enclosures.  We left them in peace, they totally ignored us and Dudley or retriever and life went on undisturbed.

One of the many `out of the way places` we found was Anderwood Enclosure on the back road from Burley to Lyndhurst.  It is an impressive site, despite being in one of the more remote locations but you have to walk away from the parking area and get deeper into the Forest, which we did - eventually finding a restful place in Church Moor.   Here`s another photo I took there showing the stillness and tranquility where only the rustle of the breeze in the trees and the birdsong filled the air:- 


And when we eventually made our way back to the car park, we found this family gathering of New Forest ponies taking a rest from their own busy day:-


(Please click on the photo for a better image)

It`s just possible I might bore you again in the next few days but I hope you agree the photos are quite nice and that in the frantic, crazy world we live in it does us good to find our own version of quiet places.


No comments: