Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2019


A COUNTRY COTTAGE ?

Well, I guess I`m back in the groove and, like most days, today provided no problem finding something else to go on about.  (I promise myself, as well as you dear reader, that I will make the effort to move away from a daily diet of critique and wander into less stressful fields - possibly.)

Anyway, today my attention was drawn to the cost of renovating Frogmore Cottage near Windsor so that it was transformed into a residence befitting their extremely royal highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, aka Harry and Meghan,   Now of course we  are so pleased for them that this delightful and inspiring couple have been able to move out of the hurly-burly of Kensington Palace and relocate, along with young Archie, to the sylvan countryside around Windsor.   

And we are so pleased to see them take up residence in their newly renovated `cottage.`Only problem is that it has taken the princely sum of £2.4 million of taxpayers` money to convert what were five units into one to a standard befitting the royal occupants.   

I`ve long held the view that whilst I have no problem with Her Majesty the Queen, there is now a very extended royal family, all of whom seem to inhabit their private world of privilege and assumed entitlement largely at the taxpayer`s expense.  There are just too many of them and I`m not sure how long we can carry on dipping our hands in our pockets to keep them all in the style to which they have been accustomed .

As for Harry and Megs, at least they continue to call it Frogmore Cottage when in reality, thanks to the generosity of others, it is now anything but.

No comments: