Search This Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2018


Help!!   I`m in a bad place.   Severe depression is overwhelming me.  I need help.
Like most Saints fans, I`m suffering the humiliation of today`s 6-1 drubbing at the hands of Manchester City.   What now for the club I have supported since 1946?  After three years of nonperforming, three years of managerial lunacy, three years of abject recruitment, this season has seen the Saints play 11 games and won only one of them.  

There are growing whispers that manager Mark Hughes may be on his way on the back of this dreadful run of results and although he may now be close to the end of the line, what will assuredly place the final nail in the coffin will be to appoint Big Sam Allardyce to get us out of this hole.   If that happens,it will surely be the end of the line for my continued support.  Anyone but Big Sam.......

And yet, and yet.....it was only a couple of seasons ago that we beat Sunderland 8-2 at St. Mary`s (and look where they are now) and, so far as Manchester City are concerned, I still look wistfully back to the very last game played at their old Maine Road ground, which the Saints won 1-0 thanks to a towering header from Michael Svensson and to finish that season in sixth place.  Those were the days indeed.

Just as well I have Truro City, Forest Green Rovers, AFC Wimbledon and Fort William to fall back on   Oh, hang on a minute.... pass the sal volatile. 


No comments: