Search This Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Well, I really thought Winter was turning in to Spring but it seems to be going on and on despite the fact that the sunsets are getting decidedly later.   I listened to the weather forecast today and, if anything, the prospects, which were already pretty gloomy, are getting worse.   Very cold days, even colder nights, biting east wind and the prospect of snow and all kinds of disruption in the week ahead.

And as I wandered around the parish with Barney this morning, I was reminded once again of Don Maclean`s American Pie -

`But February made me shiver
With every paper I`d deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn`t take one more step.......`

But whilst this February morning made me shiver, it was a beautiful sunny day and so I took a few photos of our local lake, still looking peaceful, quiet and serene.  Here`s a sample (please click on the photo for a better image) :-




(I`m already thinking of Jerry Keller`s `Here comes Summer.)

No comments: