Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018


A NOTE OF APOLOGY..

I suppose by now, dear reader, that you may have read yesterday`s post about my time with the 10th Royal Hussars.   I feel I may owe you an apology as it contained much of what I have written before in these pages and to that extent may have appeared a little self-indulgent as my annual missive on the anniversary of my call-up looms yet again.

But it was written with the encouragement of the editor of the Shiners Club annual Newsletter, rather than for `general consumption` - `Shiners` being the name given to the 10th Hussars on account of them being so very smartly turned out.   The Shiners Club is an exclusive outfit, designed for those remaining ex-servicemen who served with the regiment.  I am one myself, of course, although the sad fact of life is that, as the years go relentlessly by, so the membership steadily diminishes.

So, my apologies for yesterday, if they are due, but hopefully my post will provide at least a start of the contributions towards the next edition of the Newsletter.   I will try to get back to my `normal` rants very soon.

No comments: