Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2018

GETTING THERE ?

I know it`s a bit early to start going on about Spring but we are a month on from the shortest day of the year.  In my wander around the parish yesterday afternoon with Barney on our walkies, I noticed, perhaps prematurely and optimistically, that there were a few signs that things might be happening.   The odd crocus peeping up from the odd garden, the occasional forsythia giving a hint of yellow and today brought a bright, crisp, frosty morning, all of which makes me feel a bit less SAD and encourages me that we are getting there and to look forward to the coming of spring and summer.

So I had a look at a photo I took last April when we were staying at Trebetherick on Cornwall`s north coast.   Of an evening I would stroll down the lane towards the coast path and I managed to capture this moment as the sun went down beyond Stepper Point.  Here it is - please click on the photo for a better image:-



Seeing this photo again certainly cheered me up with things to look forward to once winter has had its way with me and I hope you like it too.

No comments: