Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

ANOTHER NUMBER....

I hope you might forgive a little self indulgence today but it is my birthday......and thank you to all those who have been kind enough to send felicitations.   Now I`ve noticed that as the years go by birthdays become more worrisome;  when you`re young, it`s all about you and presents and treats and stuff like that.  But as the years clock up each birthday becomes a little more significant than the one just gone.

Last year, when I reached 76, I immediately associated it with 76 trombones - The Music Man, that stirring 1957 musical starring Robert Preston and Shirley Jones.  Well, as a bit of a film buff, I would wouldn`t I?

But this year`s more sobering.  Just looking at the number 77 reminds me of crutches, hence the worrisome aspect of reaching this milestone.   But, hey, it`s just another number.  Right?

No comments: