Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

A TEAR TO THE EYE....

As a change to the advertised programme I thought it might be `cool` to post the occasional music video - music I enjoy and hope you might too.   I couldn`t resist this one. Years and years ago I became enraptured by Nancy Wilson out of Heart.  She and her sister Ann produced some memorable albums and I particularly drooled over Nancy, in her rock chick days, performing Bernie Taupin`s "These Dreams."

Anyway, Nancy is now well beyond rock chickness - she`s  nearly 62 and her sister Ann is 65!!  And it`s Ann who takes the lead in this uplifting tribute to Led Zeppelin`s immortal classic "Stairway to Heaven."   Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones seem to appreciate it and it`s particularly poignant that the drummer is the son of the late, former Led Zep drummer, John Bonham.   The whole thing seems to bring a tear to Robert Plant`s eye as well as Jimmy Page`s....and mine too when I first saw it.   Keep on rocking.......







No comments: