Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2016

LITTLE AND LARGE....

Some years ago now, I was on the Hythe Ferry on the way home from watching a game at St. Mary`s Stadium and just as the ferry left Southampton Town Quay, one of the gigantic cruise liners - I can`t remember which one - inched its way out of the Ocean Terminal and was on course to slice through the ferry.   Of course, it didn`t happen because the ferry skipper knew his place and backed off to let the cruise liner go on its way.  It was pitch dark and I remember looking up from the ferry at the enormity of the cruise ship, all lights shining, and looking just like a mobile block of flats.

This photo I took from Calshot reminded me of that incident, with the yacht having a close encounter with the container ship.......



(Please click on photo for larger image)

No comments: