Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2016

BETWEEN THE TWO...

The twin hamlets of East and West Portholland are quiet, peaceful, out of the way and largely ignored by `tourists,` although their peace and isolation might be affected since they were used as locations in the Poldark television series - both the new one featuring scythe-wielding, chest-baring, bodice ripping Aidan Turner and the original which starred Robin Ellis as perhaps a more understated Ross Poldark.

Anyway, Portholland is somewhere I love to visit and last time we were there I took this photo of the coast path section which, as well as a perilous road, links the two villages. The scenery is always changing, seemingly with the tides, the weather and the light and, for me at least, this photo brings back memories of my visits there and, I hope, captures the essence of this more remote part of Cornwall`s south coast.......


No comments: