Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008




AN UP AND DOWN WEEK...

It`s turning out to be a strange week. One of contrasts. Ups and downs.

It started off quite `normally` - whatever that might be in chez Snopper. Monday was a day of doing things like going to the bank to actually pay in a cheque Mrs. Snopper had received from the tax man, going to the recycling centre to pay homage to our carbon footprint and dispose of a collection of plastic bottles, doing a bit of shopping and sorting out the garden.

Tuesday saw me having a lunch with two `old` friends and colleagues from our collective employment in a former life. We found a spendid hostelry not too far from where any of us live and we enjoyed an excellent old persons special lunch and each other`s company. An impressive menu, quite devoid of anything Complan based or any Rennies as side orders.

Wednesday saw the business with Henry and the vet, which I`ve reported seperately, but Wednesday was also our 47th wedding anniversary. Being the romantic soul I am, the occasion was celebrated in the sophisticated way by me going off to play golf in the afternoon albeit with a kind of sheepish trudge, although one has to have a sense of priority about these things.

(click on image to enlarge)
Our normal golf correspondent was not available, so it just befalls me to report that I did the fashionable Sandy Lyle thing and walked off the course at the 14th, not because of the weather but because of the paucity of course management which seems non-existent at Poult Wood. At one stage, there was a group playing the par 3 seventh and another four groups waiting on the tee. So I went off in a huff vowing to take my business elsewhere.

Today I have the pleasure of an apppointment with my stylist, Chris of Larkfield, who will attempt once more to camouflage my burgeoning ozone hole with the most subtle of comb overs. She can do what she wants really - I just sit back and think of England.

Tomorrow, we make our inevitable pilgrimage to Mr.Tesco or Mr.Sainsbury or Mr. Waitrose and then Mrs. Snopper has a dentist appointment. In the meantime, harking back to my Tuesday lunch, it was suggested that I might use this blog to give my views on the state of the world as I see it. It`s simple really, I don`t know what to make of it all. And I`m not at all sure that I want to. There seems, after all, to be much more sense in my up and down week than there ever is in the great beyond.

No comments: