Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

 

Well, that went well.  Vey well.  Granddaughter safely married - good family get-together - excellent day all round.  And now that the dust has settled I have found a little time in my busy schedule to catch up with some of the less important issues of the day.

But when I look around at what`s been going on these last few days it makes me wonder whether those days away from these pages have somehow catapulted me into a different galaxy, far far away from the intended reality of how things really ought to be.

Everywhere you look there are strange things happening.  We seem to have got over the worst of the petrol crisis - the queues at the local garages seem to have died down and panic buying has diminished. For now.  However, we are left with the prospect of `shortages` for certain supplies thanks to all kinds of reasons including shortage of lorry drivers, the emerging economy putting strains on supply chains and the fearsome prospect of Christmas goodies being unavailable.  I think I`ll start panic buying Xmas Yule Logs, mince pies and toilet rolls just in case.

In a world that seems beset with mental health issues, wokeness and stuff about gender issues I now see that Superman has come out as bisexual.  Is it a bird?  Is it a plane? No it`s just another example of how things should be left in peace, left alone and allow those of us brought up on the heroics of Clark Kent to be able to retain our innocent memories.

And as the October evenings fade into earlier and earlier gloom, I see that what lies ahead is probably the most dismal time of the year - Halloween will be here again, followed by Bonfire Night, followed by Christmas and the New Year and all the counterfeit jollity and commercial mugging that comes with it all.

And to make things even more depressing - Leeds United at home on Saturday.  Maybe I`ll just go away again.

No comments: