Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2021

 

Well, not much. I`ll spare you (and myself) the details but sufficient to report that the best I could find was one single win, a couple of draws and the usual suspects all losing again.

Southampton could and perhaps should have won yesterday`s game at St. Mary`s against low flying Burnley which ended 2-2.  I`m not complaining really - that`s four points from the last two games although sliding to 16th in the Premier League table thanks to Watford`s jaw dropping 5-2 win at Everton is troubling - especially as the Saints are away at Watford in their next league game. (Following a visit to Chelsea on Tuesday evening for some rinky-dink Cup game.  NURSE !!!)

The one win came courtesy of Brechin City who scrambled to a 2-1 win over Haddington Athletic (no,me neither) in the Scottish Cup thanks to an injury time strike.  Meanwhile, Gillingham contrived to draw 2-2 away at Bolton despite leading 2-0 at one stage;  Aldershot - our new found heroes - lost 3-2 at home to Bromley which reportedly included a sterling performance from our street`s local hero Scott ("Where`s Aldershot?") Wagstaff.

And in a series of other narrow defeats Truro City went down 2-1 at home to Gosport Borough;  Fort William succumbed 3-2 away at Turriff United and Stoke Gabriel also lost 3-2, this time at home to Ivybridge Town.  Vale of Leithen suffered yet another loss, this time 3-0 at Edinburgh University; and Maidstone United lost at home 2-0 to Dorking Wanderers to complete a depressing afternoon.

Not sure I can go on like this - it must be having an effect on my mental wellbeing - but I suppose I could be a Norwich fan.



No comments: