Search This Blog

Thursday, May 07, 2020

AN EXPERIMENT WITH LIGHT...

My camera is not perhaps the most `must have` camera in the world but it has done me very well for quite a long time.  I bought it at least 20 years ago - it`s a Fujifilm S160 and despite not having all the bells and whistles of more up market cameras it`s pretty easy to use and has stood the tests not only of time but also the occasional misfortune.

Once on holiday in west Cornwall we were at Porthcurno beach on a very windy late afternoon in early Spring.   The tide was racing in, the waves were growing stronger and, me being me, I became engrossed in taking some photos.  Next minute, I was blown off my feet by the waves, fell into the sea, camera and me both soaked through.

I thought that was the end of my trusty friend but after a couple of weeks drying out, the camera recovered and has been OK ever since.   So I`ve carried on snapping but now and again I like to have a go at something different and a couple of years ago we had a week at Penpol Creek, close to Feock on Cornwall`s south coast.  It was midsummer day and the light in the early evening sky was as clear and bright as you can imagine.

So I wondered what might happen if I pointed my camera directly into the sun as it began to set behind the creek and this was the result.   I`m really quite chuffed with it and I hope you enjoy it as well.   Click on the photo and see......



No comments: