Search This Blog

Saturday, August 08, 2015


MESMERISING..

Apropos Dave Cameron and his defence of allowing senior civil servants to be overruled by his Ministers, there is the suggestion that he was `mesmerised` by the tantalising persona of one Camila Batmangelidjh, rumoured still to be the founder of the Kids Company charity, into nodding through a series of taxpayer funded grants to keep the charity going. The last one - for £3 million - was nodded through against civil service advice just days before the charity folded.

Now I hesitate to get in any way involved in the kerfuffle that has caused but as one of the aforementioned taxpayers, I might just be interested in how my hard earned cash has been used.   And I really don`t want to stray into the realms of personal criticism, far from it, but I`m beginning to be mesmerised as to how much taxpayers` money has gone towards not only haute couture but also haute cuisine.   And as far as Dave is concerned, I can only conclude that he`s easily mesmerised.

No comments: