Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN...

......jiggoty jog.   This is a photo I took last week when we were on the national treasure that is the South West Coast Path.   We were on the stretch from Crantock around East Pentire and on to Porth Joke but it could have been anywhere really, as the path along the north Cornwall coast is, in a word, majestic.

We managed our five or six miles every day and managed to do bits from Padstow to Stepper Point and back, Trevone to Mother Ivey`s Bay and back (we leave the car in car parks so have to walk back to it....and we can`t go on a bus as we have Barney our Golden Retriever with us,) Porthcothan to Treyarnon and back, Rock to Polzeath and back....and so on.   Not bad for a couple of creaking septuagenarians and a faithful companion.

I`m left with so many gratifying memories, especially as the weather was very kind to us, and although it`s good to be home again I do miss the sense of freedom and wonder that I get every time I find myself `on the path.`   Oh yes, and mentioning Padstow reminded me that we must surely be the only visitors to that fabled town who only ever went to visit the local Tesco`s and never went near down town Padstein.  Well, I was pretty sure they didn`t do egg and chips anyway.


No comments: