Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2012


OUR LITTLE SECRET ?..

Now that Spring has laughingly and allegedly sprung, an ice cream van has taken to parking outside my house most afternoons, sending out its chimes to entice the local population.   Now, last week I had to go to the doc for a regular blood test to see if my cholesterol was OK, along with the proper functioning of certain vital organs.   


I had the results today which were that everything is "satisfactory," especially the cholesterol which currently stands at 4.1.   So I might just treat myself to one of Mister Snippy`s jumbo cornets with the advertised free nuts and sprinkles, although I`m wondering if my cholesterol isn`t perhaps a shade too low, in which case I might be able to go for the one sprinkled with clotted cream and a smearing of lard.


After all, if a certain pacy flanker who plies his trade for an un-named League One championship winning team can join the queue to indulge in what Mister Snippy has to offer, then so can I.   But I do wonder what a certain anonymous south-east London football club`s nutritionist would make of their hard working wideman`s dietary peccadilloes.


Well, I won`t tell him if you won`t.



No comments: