Search This Blog

Thursday, March 01, 2012


THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR?

I guess for some people, Christmas Day is their favourite day of the year.   For others, it might be a birthday.   But for me it`s today, 1st March, when the meteorological springtime of March, April and May begins.   Things are beginning to happen in the garden - my back aches from making a start on sorting out the winter damage - the temperature has been warmer, the evenings are beginning to draw out a bit each day and we have the whole of Spring and Summer to look forward to.   

Cricket returning is high on my list of things to look forward to and although this year will see the European Football Championships, the Queen`s Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics, for me the things I will enjoy most are visits to the New Forest, to Cornwall (twice) and to the South Hams of Devon in September, when the summer will be drifting into Autumn and I will wonder where the time has gone.

It`s a good day today and it has confirmed my choice as the best day of the year. 

No comments: