Search This Blog

Thursday, September 09, 2010


HERE WE GO AGAIN..
The beach you see in the picture above is Crantock Beach in Cornwall. We set off tomorrow morning on the 300-mile or so journey down to north Cornwall and, although the weather forecast for the weekend is a bit `iffy,` the Meteorological Office have issued a weather update saying that a ridge of high pressure is coming in from the Atlantic and so dry, warm, fine weather is expected for south western areas of the country over the next week or so. Winds light and variable, force 2-3, visibility good, state of the sea slight. So we might be ok.
Took Barney for a last minute check-up with ace vet Dave Cocker this morning - Barney`s put a bit of weight on thanks to a penchant for buttered toast and biscuits but a daily scamper along Crantock Beach and lots of walks in other parts of Cornwall should do him good - and me too.
Once again, my apologies for having no idea how to do remote blogging. When we get back, our youngest son and two grandsons will be visiting us for a few days, so it might be a couple of weeks before I`m blogging again. But, hey, in the last couple of weeks I`ve bought a new mobile phone and a new camera, both of which I`ve got to get my head around, so my limited techyness will be stretched to the limit anyway.
By the way, it appears that this is my 700th post on this blog - so plenty of back catalogue for you to browse while I`m away if you are that sad. (winky emoticom thingy)
CU in a couple of weeks :-)

No comments: