Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2021

 


MR. GRUMPY STRIKES AGAIN..

Devotees of these pages will be aware that, at this time of the year, my Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) kicks in, so I apologise in advance if what I am about to say just adds to the gloom.  And it is yet another gloomy day, bleak, dank, global darkness seems to be descending.  However, dear reader, do not despair as I promise you - and myself - that this post will end on a more cheerful note.

But it`s not been a great week.  Started off with a funeral to attend on Monday morning for a good friend and neighbour who left our peaceful enclave after becoming very ill rather too quickly.  The house opposite where she lived for more than 40 years is `on the market` and as I write a succession of would be purchasers are checking out the house and no doubt the neighbours as well.  

To add to the week`s gloom, Mr. Covid is running wild, the prospects for `the most wonderful time of the year` aren`t looking great.  The test cricket in Australia is disappointing unless you`re Australian, football matches are being called off - Fort William`s game against Formartine United is off because of a frozen pitch, which at least makes a change from Covid related cancellations; turmoil continues to surround anything and everything to do with HM. Gov. and the whole country is crying out for some proper leadership.

But the shortest day of the year is nearly here and so in a desperate attempt to cheer myself up, I`ve once again been looking back at some photos I took in happier, sunnier days.  This was Soar Mill Cove on the south west coast path between Hope Cove and Salcombe in south Devon.  I remember it well - gorgeous day, gorgeous view and, well, just gorgeous.  Made me feel better anyway.......


(Please click on photo for a better image)  


No comments: