Search This Blog

Saturday, September 04, 2021

 


A SHOT IN THE ARM ?

Well, it`s the `international break` which means that there is no Southampton game for me to worry about today, although a few Saints players are away on international duty with teams like Mali, Poland, Norway and  Scotland.   So my attention is drawn elsewhere this morning and being of a certain age I have been following the news about the so called `booster` jab, aka the third injection.

There seems to be - not for the first time - a good deal of confusion in government circles, this time about to whom the booster jab might be applied.  The criteria seem to change almost daily, to the extent that as of this morning I`m not sure whether I will qualify for it or not.  I`m sure it`s right that those with serious health issues should be high on the list along with NHS and care home staff but there`s a debate about younger people and the elderly - who seem recently to have been defined as those over 50. (I remember it well.)

I`m pretty fit apart from a wonky knee and as far as I know I have no underlying health issues that might push me higher up the list and so I`m interested in what the final qualifications for the booster jab might be.  Despite all of that, surely being a Saints fan and an aficionado of teams such as Brechin City, Fort William and Stoke Gabriel, to name but a few, must make me eligible as a suitable case for treatment given the severe anguish and underlying mental health issues associated with such a predilection?

Just asking.

No comments: