Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2021

 Next Monday is my birthday - I`ll be 82!!   And next Monday is also the day when Boris has decreed that personal responsibility will kick-in and the legal requirement about wearing masks and social distancing will be replaced by `personal choice.`   So two events to celebrate?

Not really, as I find it incredulous that our Government is prepared to release these restrictions just at the time when the coronavirus is worryingly on the rise once more.   Just today, the same HM Gov. has issued figures that show more than 48,800 new infections in the last 24 hours and, sadly, 63 more deaths.

On the rebound of all the nonsense perpetrated by various sections of our so-called `society` following the European Championship football disappointment I can well see that those same sections will actually believe that next Monday is `Freedom Day` and behave in their usual selfish, unthinking way which puts their lives and those of others in some peril.  It`s just mad.

So, having got used to mask wearing and distancing socially over the past year and a half, I`ve understood the value of being sensible, not taking unnecessary risks and, especially at my age, treating staying alive as my number one priority.

So, Boris & Co, forgive me if I don`t join in with your much vaunted `Freedom Day` as I much prefer to continue to defy the odds of catching coronavirus, being hospitalised and bidding this cruel world goodbye by doing those things that have kept me going this past 18 months.  I`m an ambitious sort of chap - my next aim is to be 83.....and more.

No comments: