Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 09, 2021

 

A few weeks ago I made a solemn promise not to mention the corona virus and all its works on these pages and, apart from the odd passing reference whilst posting about other subjects, by and large I think I have kept to that promise.   In similar vein, I really have no interest in or desire to post too much about the latest kerfuffle involving the royal family and Harry and Meghan.  I will just recall, however, that quite a few moons ago now I did a piece or two about the Harry/Meghan thing - it might have been at the time of the wedding - and I suggested then that I felt there might be trouble ahead.  Well, I wasn`t wrong. (Using the search thingy at the top, search `Not quite Right` and scroll down to the post for 14 February,  2018.  Ironically, that was Valentines Day!)

Now of course there has been an outburst of comment and opinion across just about every media outlet you can think of.  Newspapers of all persuasions are full of it, social media has apparently gone into meltdown and TV and radio is going on about it with reports, analysis, pros, cons and opinions from `opinion formers` and the new profession of `influencers.`  I sat down yesterday lunchtime, turned on BBC news and the Harry/Meghan thing took up the first 20 minutes of the half hour bulletin.   No wonder there was no time to report more on Che Adams` 25 yard screamer against Sheffield United.

So, whilst I might have my own opinions I can see little point in going on about it in this blog and  probably boring you yet more in the process.  No, I`ve come to the conclusion that it really is not something that I want to get involved in or hearing any more about.  In the end, it`s a family affair for the royal family to live with, sort out and get on with.  Good luck with that.

No comments: