Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2020


PART TWO...

Yesterday I posted about something that was worth waiting for and today I have another one.  After four months I finally managed to get my hair cut yesterday.  I`ve lost count of the number of years that my stylist, Chris of Larkfield, has been attending to my fading hair but after some lengthy negotiations I was booked in for an hour`s appointment yesterday afternoon.   I`ve never had a whole hour`s appointment before and I wondered what on earth might happen to me for that length of time.

I needn`t have worried. Chris`s magic fingers worked their way through as I laid back while she washed it (you`ll get my drift) and then proceeded to style my hair to an agreed specification.  It took a while with each hair being carefully coiffured into place until the final styling which set it all off as a shining example of the crimper`s art.

Only downside was how tricky it was to have our usual banter - she covered by a face screen thingy and me with my Jack Sparrow mask on.  So although we managed some muffled banter (she`s an Arsenal fan) it was all a bit indistinct and open to interpretation.   

But it was all worth the wait and it all ended happily ever after and I`m already booked in for another go in a month`s time.   That`s if I`ve fully recovered from the effects of the local anaesthetic.  (I have a couple of very good friends - they know who they are - who due to shortcomings in the follicle department have no need for a hairdresser.  They really don`t know what they`re missing.)

No comments: