Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 03, 2020


A HUGE TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH 

A few posts ago I wrote a postscript about the fact that I had not received any `comments` on my posts for a very long time.  I explained that this was at least partly due to Google changing the way in which comments could be made which, I have to confess, was a bit beyond me.  Also I had received some grumbles from aficionados that they could not comment and what was I doing about it.

I mentioned that I had discovered a link on the left hand side at the very bottom of each post under the heading `No comments` just above `Labels` - here it is:-



I invited my readers to chance their arm, click on that link which brought up a panel on which comments could be made and, following the instructions in that panel, write a comment and see if it worked.  Today my illustrious neighbour Mr. Slightly - the acclaimed Gillingham fan - said that he had had a go at it and had duly sent a comment.  I checked to see if his comment had arrived and it had, although it was `awaiting moderation.`  I accepted his comment for publication, of course and it now appears under the comments section of my recent post headed `Back Again.`  The `No comments` link now says `2 comments` and they can be read by clicking on that - it proves it works!

Here in the foothills of deepest Kent, struggling to come to terms with the 1970s, this represents a technological breakthrough of enormous significance not only for my neighbour (to whom I an obliged) and myself but also for anyone else who feels the urge to let me know what they think of my rants.   I look forward to hearing more in future but all in the best possible taste of course.



No comments: