Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2019


Today`s the day.  The day that sad old people like me who suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) have looked forward to for weeks if not months.  Now it`s finally here, I feel a sense of relief and the ability at last to look forward to the days lengthening and things looking up.   OK, the weather today here in deepest Kent hasn`t been great - there are warnings of heavy rain and probable flooding and I know that there is some time to go before the return of more daylight and warming sunshine - but the corner is being turned and I`m grateful for that.

The day has been blessed with visits from family, by the Saints winning a must win six pointer away at Aston Villa to climb out of the relegation zone and my neighbour`s heroes, the Gills of Gillingham, also claiming a 3-1 victory.   Maybe it just needed the right date to bring about these minor miracles? 

No comments: