Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

STORM DAMAGE...

According to the weather forecast and the amber warning issued by the Met. Office, we`re about to be hit overnight by Storm Barney, possibly bringing damaging gusts resulting in trees and power lines down.   It all reminds me of two things - the first is our Golden Retriever who goes by the name of Barney who quite likes being out in high winds. 

So do I, to be fair, and the second thing it reminds me of was when we went to Porthcurno on the south Cornwall coast in early Spring.  The tide was up, the winds were high and the beach was just about deserted - ideal conditions for taking photos.  I took this one and just afterwards I was caught by an incoming wave and fell into the sea.  I came up drenched, but Barney was OK although my camera took a few days to dry out.  It was worth it though....possibly.....

(Please click on photo for larger image)

No comments: